Dennis Dixon has been chosen as one of 15 players vying for the 2007 Walter Camp Player of the Year award while junior Jonathan Stewart has been named one of 10 semifinalists for the Doak Walker Award as the nation’s top running back, according to separate announcements Tuesday.EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon senior quarterback
Dixon, who ranks fourth in the country in passing efficiency while personally accounting for 28 touchdowns, has passed for 2,074 yards and 20 scores while throwing only three interceptions. In addition, the San Leandro, Calif., native has run for 549 yards and eight TDs to lead the Pacific-10 Conference in total offense (11th nationally), averaging 306.3 yards per game.
Stewart ranks sixth in the country in rushing and all-purpose running, with the Pac-10 leader averaging 134.3 and 197.0 yards per game, respectively. The Lacey, Wash., standout also leads the league in kickoff returns for the third year in a row (29.9 avg.).
Three finalists for the Doak Walker Award will be named on Monday, Nov. 19, while five finalists will be announced for the Walter Camp Player-of-the-Year award on Tuesday, Nov. 27.
Both Oregon standouts remain as the only players from the Pac-10 still in contention for their respective awards as well as semifinalists for the 71st Maxwell Award, also recognizing the Collegiate Player of the Year.
The recipients of all three awards will be announced on ESPN Thursday, Dec. 6.
Dixon, Stewart Semifinalists for Major Postseason Awards
Release Date: 11/14/2007
- QBs Battle, Brown Returns, Mitchell Shines In Spring Game
- Spring Game to celebrate 100th anniversary of UO's first Rose Bowl team with throwback uniforms
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
- Coach Helfrich Calls on Students
- Military Appreciation the Backdrop for Saturday's Oregon Spring Game
- Ducks are NCAA-Bound
- Nick Catalano Excelling On and Off the Field
- Ducks Set to Begin NCAA Regional Play
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks