Matthew Harper was invited to play in the Texas vs. The Nation football game this Saturday, February 2nd at the Sun Bowl in El Paso, Texas. Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. MST and will be broadcast live on CSTV.EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon football senior and free safety
Texas vs. The Nation Senior All-Star Bowl consists of Division I-A players originally from Texas, or those who play college football in Texas, against top players from around the nation.
This year Harper also won Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Week honors for his performance in Oregon’s 24-17 victory over USC and was named Defensive National Player of the Week after his two key interceptions in the red zone against the Trojans. Harper ended the season as the team’s third leading tackler with 98 total tackles and totaled three interceptions.
Harper is the second Oregon player selected to play in the second annual All-Star game, and is one of five players from the Pac-10 to be invited to play.
Harper Invited to Play in All-Star Bowl
Release Date: 01/28/2008
- Mariota Opens Training Camp Atop Titans Depth Chart
- Preseason Camp Preview: Offensive Line
- Ducks Fifth In Coaches Poll, Picked To Win Pac-12 North
- Preseason Camp Preview: Receivers and Tight Ends
- Preseason Camp Preview: Running Backs
- Wise Crowned 49th Pacific Coast Amateur Champion
- Former Oregon Goalkeeper Abby Steele Signs with Reign FC
- Bowerman Fan Vote Now Open
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks