Paul Westhead led Loyola Marymount on its magical run through the Men’s NCAA Tournament, and on Saturday as part of ESPN Films’ 30-for-30 series, “Guru of Go,” a documentary on the Lions successful and emotional season will air at 2 p.m. on ABC.EUGENE, Ore. – It has been 20 years since Oregon women’s basketball head coach
Westhead spent five years (1985-90) at LMU, helping the Lions build an impressive program and become a legitimate contender in NCAA men’s basketball. During his tenure with the Lions, Westhead built a 105-48 (.603) record, leading the Lions to three consecutive NCAA tournament appearances and a historic run to the Elite Eight in 1990.
Oscar-winning director Bill Couturié worked with Westhead and Bo Kimble to tell a “fast-paced and emotionally moving story of innovation, triumph and tragedy,” during the Elite Eight run of the 1990 season.
A link to the trailer to Guru of Go and to learn more about Bill Couturié can be found by clicking HERE.
“ESPN Films’ 30-for-30 is an unprecedented documentary series featuring thirty films from some of today’s finest storytellers. Each filmmaker will bring their passion and personal point of view to their film detailing the issues, trends, athletes, teams, rivalries, games and events that transformed the sports landscape from 1979 to 2009.” - courtesy of ESPN
Westhead’s Lions Featured in “Guru of Go”
Release Date: 03/30/2010
- Sweet 16's: On The Hunt For A Program-Defining Recruiting Class
- Sweet 16's: The Plan For A Program-Defining Recruiting Class
- Petersen’s Big Night Helps Ducks Take Care of Clemson
- Notes: Ducks Clash with Clemson
- Ducks Down UC Santa Barbara
- Ducks Respond Under Pressure To Boost NCAA Credentials
- Benjamin, Boucher Spark Ducks As UO Men Improve to 5-0
- Football Practice Report: Nov. 25
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks