GameDay Fun Facts
Thursday, September 30, 8:00 a.m. PDT
If you’re an Oregon Duck fan, you know by now that television’s premier weekly college football preview show – ESPN College GameDay – is headed to Eugene for a fifth time ahead of Saturday’s top 10 clash between No. 4 Oregon and No. 9 Stanford.
What you may not know is that the Ducks are the only Pac-10 school besides USC (6 times) to host the show more than once, and after Saturday they will have been on site for GameDay eight times (5 home, 2 road, 1 neutral).
With the help of media services intern extraordinaire Chad Twaro, here are some fun facts surrounding UO’s GameDay games.
Ducks Hosting ESPN College GameDay
Year UO Rank Opponent (rank) Score
2009 10 USC (4) W, 47-20
2007 4 Arizona State (6) W, 35-23
2007 11 California (6) L, 24-31
2000 Unranked UCLA (6) W, 29-10
- All of Oregon’s victories have come by double digits, including two games decided by 19 or more points.
- The Ducks are averaging 467.8 yards per game while allowing 353.3 yards in the four times GameDay has come to Eugene.
- All four GameDay visits featured the Ducks pitted against a team that was ranked in the Top 10.
- In the three wins, Oregon had at least 200 net yards rushing (USC: 391; ASU: 200; UCLA: 208).
- Halftime scores (UO 24-USC 17; UO 21-ASU 13; UO 10-CAL 3; UO 10-UCLA 0.
- Oregon has broken the Autzen attendance record each of the last three times ESPN College GameDay has come to campus (Cal: 59,273; ASU: 59,379; USC: 59,592).
- Largest leads (USC: +27, 47-20; ASU: +19, 35-16; Cal: +7, twice (last 17-10); UCLA: +19, 29-10).
- UO’s Total Offense (USC, 613; Arizona State, 400; California, 497; UCLA, 361).
- Opponent Offense (USC, 327; Arizona State, 489; California, 400; UCLA, 197).
- Turnover margin (USC, Even; Arizona State, +1; California, -4; UCLA, +3).
- Oregon’s overall record at a GameDay site is 4-3 including last year’s Rose Bowl loss vs. Ohio State and OT win at Arizona, and a 1998 OT loss at UCLA.
- The Ducks have been the lower ranked team in all but one GameDay appearance in Eugene.
- Historically, the home team has a 61-16 record when ranked higher than its GameDay opponent and is 100-73 overall.
- In all 211 games to date, the higher ranked team is 138-63 (.654).
- This will mark only the 14th time a Pac-10 school has hosted the show and the tenth time the matchup has featured two Pac-10 teams.
- Of Eddie Pleasant's 4.5 career sacks in 29 games, 3.5 have come in two GameDay games.
- LaMichael James is averaging 150.0 yards per game and 7.0 yards per carry in his two appearances.
- Jeff Maehl has 16 receptons for 168 yards and two touchdowns in four games with Chris, Lee and Kirk on site.
Lee Corso takes a ride on the back of a Doug Koke's Harley before the USC game last year.
Oregon Football Tickets available NOW
blog comments powered by Disqus