BYU Defeats Oregon, 79-65
Release Date: 12/03/2011
Reserve Stephen Rogers added 16 points on 4-of-7 shooting from beyond the arc, and Nate Austin added nine points off the bench for BYU (6-2).
Oregon (4-2) trailed by seven at halftime and cut the gap to 38-33 on a jam by Tony Woods. But the Cougars went on a 13-0 run to take command of the game at EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City. Brock Zylstra fueled the run with a three-point play and 3-point bucket, while Austin added a key block.
Garrett Sim led Oregon with 16 points, hitting 6-of-8 shots, while Woods added 13 points. Carlos Emory had a season-high 11 points (3-of-4 on field goals), while fellow junior forward E.J. Singler also had 11 points. Olu Ashaolu grabbed a team-high nine rebounds.
Oregon shot a season-worst 38.6 percent on field goals (22-of-57), while making 12-of-21 from the free throw line.
The Cougars had a statistical edge in steals (8-1), blocks (5-2), rebounds (45-42), while committing five fewer turnovers than UO (10-15).
Oregon returns to action on Saturday, Dec. 10 with a home game against Fresno State. Tip-time for that contest is set for 7 p.m. (PT) and the game will be broadcast by OSN on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Young Gets Chance to Set Pace with Indiana
- Pit Crew Video Nets $30K for UO
- Oregon to Take Part in 2015 Pearl Harbor Ceremonies
- Preseason Camp Preview: Offensive Line
- Ducks Fifth In Coaches Poll, Picked To Win Pac-12 North
- Preseason Camp Preview: Receivers and Tight Ends
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks