Devoe Joseph had 20 points to lead the University of Oregon men’s basketball team to a 79-68 road win over Utah on Thursday night.SALT LAKE CITY, Utah -- Senior guard
The Ducks improved to 16-6 overall and 7-3 in Pac-12 Conference play. The Utes dropped to 5-17 overall and 2-8 in league action.
Oregon shot 49.1 percent from the field, hitting 28 of its 57 shot attempts in the game. The Ducks were 8-of-16 on 3-pointers (50 percent) and 15-of-17 from the free throw line (88.2 percent).
Junior guard Carlos Emory had a career-high 14 points all of which came in the second half. Junior forward E.J. Singler contributed 12 points and a team-high six rebounds for UO.
Oregon had a 30-16 edge in points in the paint and 21-12 advantage in points off turnovers. The Ducks had just seven turnovers while the Utes committed 13. Oregon also had the edge in rebounds (33-29).
Three Utes scored in double-figures, led by Chris Hines who had 20 points. Cedric Martin had 15 points while Kareem Story had 10 points and 11 assists.
Oregon (16-6, 7-3 Pac-12) will return to action Saturday with a road game against Colorado (15-7, 7-3 Pac-12). The Buffaloes are coming off an 82-60 home win over Oregon State on Thursday.
- Oregon started Garrett Sim, Olu Ashaolu, Jeremy Jacob, E.J. Singler and Devoe Joseph which marked the eighth different starting lineup on the season. It was the first time for that starting combination.
- The Ducks improved to 14-1 overall when shooting for a better percentage than the opponent … UO is now 12-1 on the year when recording more assists … Oregon is 7-1 when holding the opponent to under 70 points.
- Devoe Joseph has scored 20+ points in back-to-back games (only UO player to do that this season). It’s the eighth time this season Joseph has led the Ducks in scoring. It was also the eighth straight game Joseph has scored in double-figures.
- E.J. Singler reached double-figures in scoring for the 18th time in 22 games this season. Singler had a team-high six rebounds, marking the sixth time Singler has led the team in rebounding.
- Junior forward Carlos Emory scored a career-high 14 points (all in the second half). He was a perfect 4-of-4 on field goals (1-of-1 on 3-pointers and 5-of-5 on free throws).
Ducks Top Utes on the Road, 79-68
Release Date: 02/02/2012
- Ducks' Streak Snapped at Cal
- Ducks Put Win Streak On The Line At California
- Amid Mounting Hype, Ducks Look To Maintain Their Focus
- Ducks Beat Utes For 20th Victory
- Target Squarely On Ducks' Backs As Utes Come To Town
- Ducks Get Hot Early in Win Over Georgia State
- Personal Bests Abound for Ducks
- Alleyne Leads Ducks to Fourth Straight
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks