Garrett Sim was recognized as part of the 2012 Pac-12 Men’s Basketball All-Academic teams the league office announced on Thursday. Sim, from Portland, Ore., was an honorable mention selection marking the third straight year that he has been recognized as a Pac-12 All-Academic selection.EUGENE, Ore. -- Senior guard
First team selections included: Sabatino Chen (Colorado), John Gage (Stanford), Trent Lockett (Arizona State), Rhys Murphy (Oregon State) and Jack Trotter (Stanford). The second team was made up of Harper Kamp (California), Abe Lodwick (Washington State), Josh Owens (Stanford), Patrick Simon (Washington State) and Andrew Zimmerman (Stanford).
Sim, who averaged career-highs in points and shooting percentage this past season, also received honorable mention all-conference recognition.
Sim ended his career at UO having played in a school record 136 consecutive games. He received second team all-academic recognition in both his sophomore and junior seasons.
Sim Recognized as Part of Pac-12 All-Academic Teams
Release Date: 04/05/2012
- JC Player of the Year Signs With UO
- After Brief Break, Ducks Get Back To Work
- Elite Eight Run Fuels Fire As Ducks Look To 2016-17
- Ducks Fall In Elite Eight, Capping 31-Win Season
- Altman Facing Close Friend Kruger In Elite Eight Round
- Ducks Advance at Penn Relays, Win Big at Titan Twilight
- Ducks Eliminated from MPSF Tournament
- Kelly Uses No. 7 NFL Draft Pick To Select Ducks' Buckner
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks