Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen competed in the second day of the ITA All-American Tournament in Tulsa, Okla. on Tuesday. After both losing on the in the qualifying round, the two Ducks came back strong in the qualifying consolation round.TULSA, Okla.—The University of Oregon’s
Cambier, a native of Brussels, Belgium, defeated the University of Tennessee’s Brandon Fickey 6-2 and 6-3 in straight sets.
Mullen, a native of Reno, Nevada, also defeated his opponent in straight sets as he took down the United States Air Force Academy’s Lance Wilhelm 7-6 and 6-3.
“I think the guys did a great job responding to some close losses yesterday,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We were able to win both our matches in straight sets today against some good competition. I’m excited about where we’re at this early in the fall season and we look to keep competing throughout the week.”
The Ducks practice tomorrow before starting doubles competition in Tulsa on Thursday.
Cambier and Mullen Strike Back at ITA All-American
Release Date: 10/02/2012
- Ducks Fall to Stanford in Second Round of Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Tame Cats at Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Face Arizona to Open Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Down Dawgs
- Schyllander Adds Transfer from Japan
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
- Williams Named to MPSF All-Tournament Team
- Senior Battery Hawkins, Lindvall Enter Record Book Together
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks