Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen competed in the second day of the ITA All-American Tournament in Tulsa, Okla. on Tuesday. After both losing on the in the qualifying round, the two Ducks came back strong in the qualifying consolation round.TULSA, Okla.—The University of Oregon’s
Cambier, a native of Brussels, Belgium, defeated the University of Tennessee’s Brandon Fickey 6-2 and 6-3 in straight sets.
Mullen, a native of Reno, Nevada, also defeated his opponent in straight sets as he took down the United States Air Force Academy’s Lance Wilhelm 7-6 and 6-3.
“I think the guys did a great job responding to some close losses yesterday,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We were able to win both our matches in straight sets today against some good competition. I’m excited about where we’re at this early in the fall season and we look to keep competing throughout the week.”
The Ducks practice tomorrow before starting doubles competition in Tulsa on Thursday.
Cambier and Mullen Strike Back at ITA All-American
Release Date: 10/02/2012
- Ducks Unable to Take Down No. 15 UCLA on the Road
- Ducks Face So Cal Schools To Kick Off Pac-12 Competition
- UO Concludes Non-Conference Play With Emphatic 7-0 Win
- Pacific Travels to Eugene for Ducks' Final Non-conference Match
- Ducks Earn First True Road Win at Boise State
- Ducks Bounce Back on Moving Day
- Rose Shines in Loss Against Top-Ranked USC
- Ducks Bash Dawgs 8-0 In Perfect Game By Cheridan Hawkins
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks