Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen lost on Thursday to the fourth-seeded duo at the ITA All-American Tournament in Tulsa, Okla.TULSA, Okla.—The University of Oregon’s men’s tennis doubles team of
After getting off to a rocky start, Cambier and Mullen played extremely well to come back, but ultimately could not top Chris Camillone and David Holiner of the University of Texas and lost 8-6.
“We started a little bit slow and we made mistakes early,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We were down two breaks, but the guys did an unbelievable job of battling back. It was 6-7 and we had game point to get to seven all. We didn’t close that game out and ended up taking a very close loss to a highly seeded and ranked team. All in all, if we can just improve a little bit upon this tomorrow and maybe serve a little bit better, I like our chances.”
Cambier and Mullen take to the courts again tomorrow afternoon.
Check the ITA website here for match times and more information.
Oregon Falls to Texas at ITA All-American
Release Date: 10/04/2012
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Win In First Round of Pac-12 Tournament
- Pac-12 Championships On Deck for Men's Tennis
- Schyllander Lands Prep Standout from France
- Ducks Defeat UW 4-1, Secure Best Pac-12 Finish in 15 Years
- Francis Wins Gold at World Relays
- Late Stanford Rally Forces Ducks To Settle For Two Of Three
- Morris Named to All-Tournament Team
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks