Ducks Falter in Second Day of Boise St. Fall Classic
Release Date: 10/06/2012
In singles, Brent Chin lost his third round matchup to Montana’s Vaughn 6-3, 6-2. Alex Rovello fell to Gonzaga’s Nazal 6-4, 6-4 and Michael Schaeffer lost to Portland’s Paxton Deuel 6-7, 6-3, 6-1. Senior Aaron Clissold continued yesterday’s success by beating Montana’s Semion Branzburg 7-5, 6-3 before taking down Portland’s Justin Guay 6-0, 3-6, 6-1.
In doubles play, Rovello and Maasland lost to Abilene Christian 8-2, while Clissold and Sardu fell to Idaho State’s Norman and Gross 8-6 in the third round. In the first round of the doubles consolation draw, Schaeffer and Chin defeated Cochrane and Lubek 8-2.
The Ducks hit the courts again tomorrow for the last day of the tournament in Boise, Idaho. Check back on goducks.com for results after all the action.
- Maasland Defeats Ranked Foe In 6-1 Loss To USC
- Ducks Unable to Take Down No. 15 UCLA on the Road
- Ducks Face So Cal Schools To Kick Off Pac-12 Competition
- UO Concludes Non-Conference Play With Emphatic 7-0 Win
- Pacific Travels to Eugene for Ducks' Final Non-conference Match
- Struggles On Diamond Continue With 6-4 Loss To Portland
- After A Year Away, Addison Happy To Be Back In Action
- Ducks No. 1 in Both Top-25 Polls
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks