Ducks Fall to Washington State 1-0
Release Date: 10/28/2012
“It was a physical battle,” said head coach Tara Erickson. “We came out and fought hard. It probably could have gone either way but today, it did not go our way.”
Washington State outshot Oregon 8-5 in the first period, and one of those shots made it to the back of the net as one of Brandi Vega’s three shots on goal went past goalkeeper Abby Steele for a goal in the game’s 36th minute.
The Ducks ended up being outshot 13-6, and the Cougars also had 10 corner kicks to the UO’s three.
Sophomore goalkeeper Steele finished the match with five saves and the defense put up a strong fight, but Oregon did not create enough opportunities to score.
“We look forward to coming home and honoring our seniors and battling our in-state rivals the Oregon State Beavers on Friday,” added Erickson.
The Ducks return home to Pape’ Field for the final time this season as they host the Oregon State Beavers in this year’s Civil War on Friday, Nov. 2nd at 4:00 p.m. The game will be televised by the Pac-12 Network.
- Ducks Announce 2015 Soccer Schedule
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 3
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Soccer Receives Recognition From NCAA For APR Scores
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 1
- Month On Recruiting Trail Was Invaluable Experience For GA
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks