George Horton and softball coach Mike White are leading the Oregon athletic department's Movember contingent, to raise awareness for men's health.EUGENE, Ore. - Baseball coach
Movember is a worldwide campaign to raise awareness and funds for the fight against men's cancer, particularly prostate and testicular cancer, by having men start clean-shaven Nov. 1 and grow a mustache until the Nov. 30.
Twenty-nine athletic department staffers, led by mustache veterans Horton and White, have joined the cause, which is actively supported by the university as a whole. Last year the global initiative saw 855,203 participants raise $126.3 million dollars.
Fans can follow their progress
at www.movember.com. Those who
wish to make a contribution on behalf of the University of Oregon Athletics team
can do so by clicking HERE.
O Heroes is also helping to promote Movember awareness by awarding Duck Cup points to UO student-athletes who become involved. The Duck Cup is a
competition between all teams that effectively encompasses the major
areas of student-athlete life. These areas include academic excellence,
athletic excellence, personal development, career development and
Each team is
awarded points based on each category’s criteria. Team and individual
winners are announced at the end of the year Awards Banquet.
Ducks to Participate in Movember
Release Date: 10/31/2012
- Record Directors Cup Finish For Oregon Athletics
- Elite Eight Shine In New APR Data
- Inaugural O Show Announced
- New Procedures Announced for Ducks’ Annual Surplus Sale
- Oregon Athletics Black Friday through Cyber Monday Deals
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks