Men's Tennis Wraps Up Day One at PNW Intercollegiates
Release Date: 11/02/2012
In the northwest singles bracket, freshman Brent Chin defeated Seattle’s Jason Bediones 6-0, 6-2, while the Ducks’ newest player Lova Randriamampandria took down Washington’s Dragos Puscalau 6-1, 6-2. He went on to defeat Gonzaga's Vladimir Mijatovic 6-1, 6-7, 6-1. Michael Schaeffer fell to Idaho’s Jake Knox 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Aaron Clissold took down his first opponent in the round of 16 as he won his match against Eastern Washington's Stefan Farrar 6-1, 6-2.
In the Pacific singles bracket, fifth-seeded Jeff Mullen defeated Gonzaga’s Hayden Smith 6-2, 3-6, 6-1, while freshman Daan Maasland took down Lukas Kortas 6-0, 6-2, and second-seeded Robin Cambier beat Cesar Torres of Idaho 6-3, 7-5. Cambier advanced and beat Zach Kosanke 6-2, 6-0. Oregon’s Daniel Sardu was defeated by Portland’s Ratan Gill 7-5, 6-4. Maasland went on to defeat Idaho's fifth-seeded Abid Akbar 6-4, 6-4.
In doubles, third-seeded Aaron Clissold and Sardu took down Eastern Washington’s Aranguiz and Koetje 8-3 in the Pacific bracket. In the Northwest doubles bracket, Chin and Schaeffer defeated Washington’s Lunardi and Raman 9-7 in a tight match, while Maasland and Randriamampandria took down Portland State’s Chart and Triance 8-5.
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow for scores and reactions.
- UO Tennis Earns Seven Players on All-Academic Team
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- Schyllander Signs Top Junior from Indonesia
- Swaysland Earns ITA Award, Internship with Wilson
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Men's Golf Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Women’s Golf Announces 2015-16 Schedule
- Preseason Camp Preview: Defensive Line
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks