Men's Tennis Wraps Up Day One at PNW Intercollegiates
Release Date: 11/02/2012
In the northwest singles bracket, freshman Brent Chin defeated Seattle’s Jason Bediones 6-0, 6-2, while the Ducks’ newest player Lova Randriamampandria took down Washington’s Dragos Puscalau 6-1, 6-2. He went on to defeat Gonzaga's Vladimir Mijatovic 6-1, 6-7, 6-1. Michael Schaeffer fell to Idaho’s Jake Knox 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Top-seeded Aaron Clissold took down his first opponent in the round of 16 as he won his match against Eastern Washington's Stefan Farrar 6-1, 6-2.
In the Pacific singles bracket, fifth-seeded Jeff Mullen defeated Gonzaga’s Hayden Smith 6-2, 3-6, 6-1, while freshman Daan Maasland took down Lukas Kortas 6-0, 6-2, and second-seeded Robin Cambier beat Cesar Torres of Idaho 6-3, 7-5. Cambier advanced and beat Zach Kosanke 6-2, 6-0. Oregon’s Daniel Sardu was defeated by Portland’s Ratan Gill 7-5, 6-4. Maasland went on to defeat Idaho's fifth-seeded Abid Akbar 6-4, 6-4.
In doubles, third-seeded Aaron Clissold and Sardu took down Eastern Washington’s Aranguiz and Koetje 8-3 in the Pacific bracket. In the Northwest doubles bracket, Chin and Schaeffer defeated Washington’s Lunardi and Raman 9-7 in a tight match, while Maasland and Randriamampandria took down Portland State’s Chart and Triance 8-5.
Check back on GoDucks.com tomorrow for scores and reactions.
- Registration is Open for UO Camps
- Tennis Announces Spring Schedule
- Schyllander Signs Oregonian to NLI
- UO Signs Aussie, Cormac Clissold
- Maasland Wins Singles Title at PNW in Seattle, Wash.
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
- Anderson On Rockies 40-Man Roster
- Oregon Enjoys Steady Diet of Success at Receiver Under Matt Lubick
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks