No. 40 Men's Tennis To Take On Idaho and Saint Mary's
Release Date: 03/05/2013
The Vandals come into Friday’s match a perfect 11-0 after sweeping Montana and Montana State last Saturday. The Gaels are 6-5 on the season, but are coming off of a weekend in which they defeated Santa Clara 5-2 and UC Irvine 7-0 at home. Saint Mary’s is 1-4 in road matches so far this season. The Ducks battled hard against Portland last Saturday and pulled out a 5-2 victory at the UO Student Tennis Center.
Junior Alex Rovello and freshman Daan Maasland lead the Ducks with 10-1 individual records in singles matches, while junior Robin Cambier and sophomore Daniel Sardu are 9-1 and 7-1, respectively.
Cambier and senior Jeff Mullen lost their first doubles match of the season against Portland, posting a 9-1 record in the top spot. Rovello and Maasland are 9-0, while Sardu and Clissold are also unbeaten at 6-0, contributing to Oregon’s 93.5% winning percentage in doubles.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the Student Tennis Center on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com. Admission to tennis matches at the UO Student Tennis Center is free.
- Schyllander Signs Top Junior from Indonesia
- Swaysland Earns ITA Award, Internship with Wilson
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Win In First Round of Pac-12 Tournament
- Pac-12 Championships On Deck for Men's Tennis
- Oregon Volleyball Camps Fast Approaching
- Hawkins, Lilley and Takeda Earn All-America Honors
- Cleavinger and Tolman Earn first-team All-Pac-12 honors
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks