No. 40 Men's Tennis To Take On Idaho and Saint Mary's
Release Date: 03/05/2013
The Vandals come into Friday’s match a perfect 11-0 after sweeping Montana and Montana State last Saturday. The Gaels are 6-5 on the season, but are coming off of a weekend in which they defeated Santa Clara 5-2 and UC Irvine 7-0 at home. Saint Mary’s is 1-4 in road matches so far this season. The Ducks battled hard against Portland last Saturday and pulled out a 5-2 victory at the UO Student Tennis Center.
Junior Alex Rovello and freshman Daan Maasland lead the Ducks with 10-1 individual records in singles matches, while junior Robin Cambier and sophomore Daniel Sardu are 9-1 and 7-1, respectively.
Cambier and senior Jeff Mullen lost their first doubles match of the season against Portland, posting a 9-1 record in the top spot. Rovello and Maasland are 9-0, while Sardu and Clissold are also unbeaten at 6-0, contributing to Oregon’s 93.5% winning percentage in doubles.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the Student Tennis Center on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com. Admission to tennis matches at the UO Student Tennis Center is free.
- UO Tennis Earns Seven Players on All-Academic Team
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- Schyllander Signs Top Junior from Indonesia
- Swaysland Earns ITA Award, Internship with Wilson
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Kuroda’s Late Goal Gives Ducks First Win of the Season
- Ducks Win Another Medal in Beijing
- Football Practice Report: Aug. 29
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks