EUGENE, Ore. – The University of Oregon soccer team will open its spring exhibition season this Saturday with a home match against Southern Oregon. Match time is scheduled for 4 p.m. (PT) at Pape’ Field in Eugene. The event is free and open to the public.
The Ducks, under the direction of first-year head coach Kat Mertz, have five matches this spring. UO returns 23 players, including seven starters, from last year’s squad which finished the regular-season 8-10-2 overall and 3-7-1 in Pac-12 Conference action.
Oregon's next match is on Sunday, April 21 in Seattle against Pac-12 rival Washington. That match is scheduled for 11 a.m. The following weekend the Ducks will host Oregon State with that match slated to begin at 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 27.
UO will play the final two exhibition contests away from Eugene.
The Ducks play a road match against Portland State at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 4, before closing the spring season with a neutral-site contest against UC Davis on Saturday, May 11. The UO-UC Davis match is scheduled for 3 p.m. and will be played at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Ore.
Ducks Open Spring Schedule Against Southern Oregon
Release Date: 04/03/2013
- Early Goal Dooms Ducks
- Ducks Return Home To Host USF and Fresno State in Weekend Matches
- Ducks Drop Double Overtime Heartbreaker Sunday
- Ducks Drop Tough 2-1 Contest to LSU in 2015 Opener
- Oregon Soccer Hosts Goalkeeping Academy on Monday nights
- Eaton Breaks Decathlon World Record
- Ducks Top Navy In Straight Sets
- Ducks Open With Sweep of Temple
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks