SEATTLE (AP) - C.J. Wilcox scored 23 points, including a 3-pointer with 43 seconds left, leading Washington to an 80-76 win against Oregon on Thursday night.
Wilcox scored six points in the final 2 1/2 minutes as Washington (12-8, 4-3 Pac-12) held off Oregon (13-5, 1-5) down the stretch, extending the Ducks' losing streak to five games. Andrew Andrews added 17 points for UW.
Oregon trailed by seven points with 2:59 to play and cut the margin to 73-72 when Wilcox made his 3 that essentially sealed the win for Washington and ended the Huskies' own two-game skid.
Joseph Young scored 18 points to lead Oregon and scored six points in under a minute to spur Oregon's rally after Washington grabbed the seven-point lead.
Young led the Ducks with 18.0 points per game coming in, but had been held to five points in both of Oregon's last two games against Oregon State and Stanford.
Perris Blackwell scored Washington's first two points of the game on free throws, his only points before halftime. Despite picking up his third foul early in the second half he came alive offensively, scoring eight points in the opening 4 1/2 minutes of the second half and finishing with 15.
Oregon started the season with 13 straight wins, getting all the way to a No. 10 ranking before the losing streak knocked them out of the top 25.
The teams went back-and-forth in the first half with neither pulling ahead by more than five points. Oregon's Elgin Cook drove for a layup just before the halftime buzzer to give the Ducks a 35-33 lead.
Washington regained the lead 2 1/2 minutes into the second half and held on. Although the Huskies never really pulled away - seemingly every time they threatened to mount a run Oregon came up with a big basket - they were able to stay a few steps ahead of the Ducks, and Wilcox's late 3-pointer gave Washington a lead Oregon couldn't overcome.
FINAL: Washington (12-8, 4-3) 80, Oregon (13-5, 1-5) 76
·Johnathan Loyd eclipsed the 400 career assists mark, assisting three baskets to improve his career total to 401.
· Washington snapped a three-game losing streak to the Ducks.
· Guard Dominic Artis and forward Ben Carter each started for the first time this season. Artis started in 25-of-28 games as a freshman last season. Carter made his first career start.
· After scoring a combined 10 points in the past two games, Joseph Young returned to from with an 18-point performance.
· Young (18), Jason Calliste (11) and Richard Amardi (11) scored in double figures to lead Oregon.
· Oregon was fueled by 37 points off the bench, led by Amardi’s and Calliste’s efforts.
· The Ducks lost for the first time this season (9-1) when out-rebounding their opponent. Oregon held a 32-25 advantage on the glass.