The University of Oregon Department of Intercollegiate Athletics will provide an outstanding collegiate experience to our student-athletes while enabling them to pursue excellence in the classroom, the community and their lives while competing at the highest level in their chosen sport.
Our department is committed to the following principles:
- Strive to recruit student-athletes who are academically prepared and make every effort to help each meet their academic commitments.
- Provide academic support services so that our student-athletes will receive the best educational experience, including obtaining their degree.
- Create a supportive family atmosphere where student-athletes feel connected to their peers, the community and the University.
- Ensure that student-athletes will become responsible, contributing citizens through career counseling, development of life skills and community service opportunities.
- Provide facilities and medical staff to enhance the physical fitness and wellness of all student-athletes.
- Require all members of our department to demonstrate and promote the highest standards of integrity, leadership, sportsmanship, ethical behavior and a true respect for equity and diversity.
- Maintain a quality comprehensive intercollegiate athletic program that is self-sufficient and self-sustaining in harmony with the mission and goals of the University.
- Operate in accordance with all rules and regulations set by the University, the PAC-12 Conference and the NCAA.