Ducks Wrap Up Pac-West St. Paddy's Open
Release Date: 03/14/2010
Oregon scored a 169 on Saturday but improved by earning a 177.5 on Sunday. The Ducks were down three normal starters out of their normal 24-person team routine, including a pair of flyers.
"We did a lot better today than we did yesterday," head coach Felecia Mulkey said. "We were a crowd favorite today and that was a goal of ours, to do well in Portland and generate a lot of interest for our program in our own backyard. It is very important to us to represent the University of Oregon well, especially in our own state."
In the multi-divisonal event, Oregon competed in the top Division 6 level. Only one other Division 6 team was in attendance, and they scored 155.6 on Sunday.
Oregon competed in a Pac-West event earlier in the season - the Pac-West Apple Cup - where they scored a 176 to take first.
The Ducks were also using the event in Portland as one last opportunity to prepare for the NCA National Championships on April 8-9 in Daytona Beach, Fla. Mulkey's job between now and then will be trimming the team routine from 24 starters to the mandatory 20 at nationals.
- UO Falls Short in National Championship Meet
- Ducks Advance to NCATA Finals
- Ducks Sweep Battlers to Advance to NCATA Semifinals
- UO Earns Two Individual Titles at NCATA Championships
- Ducks Aim for Fifth NCATA Title
- Agost, Nady Recognized for Academic Efforts
- Ducks Set to Host NCAA Championship
- Ducks Seek Next Peak At Regional Meet This Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks