Ducks Cruise to 118-74 Exhibition Win over SOU
Release Date: 10/30/2012
Four Oregon players recorded a double-double in the game, which was the first of two exhibition games UO will play this preseason. Senior Laura Stanulis had 18 assists to go with 10 rebounds and six points.
Sophomore Megan Carpenter had 12 points and 13 rebounds, while freshman Jillian Alleyne added 14 points and 16 boards coming off the bench. Sophomore Jordan Loera had 13 points and 10 rebounds.
In all, the Ducks had six players score in double figures, led by sophomore Lexi Petersen who scored a game-high 27 points on 11-of-19 shooting from the field. Fellow sophomore Amanda Delgado came off the bench to score 22 points. Freshman Devyn Galland contributed 16 points in her first game as a Duck.
The Ducks had a heavy advantage in rebounds where they had an 80-52 edge, including a 26-14 differential on the offensive boards. Oregon also had a lop-sided advantage in the steals category where they recorded 18 to SOU’s five.
UO had 32 assists to 46 made baskets, while recording just 16 turnovers in the contest. The Ducks limited SOU to 11 assists while forcing them into 24 turnovers.
Oregon made 42.2 percent of its field goal attempts (46-of-109) and 23.1 percent from behind the 3-point arc. UO hit 70.8 percent from the charity stripe (17-of-24). Southern Oregon shot just 30.4 percent on field goals (28-of-92) and 25.9 percent on 3-pointers (7-of-27).
The Ducks return to action Wednesday, Nov. 7 with a home exhibition game against Corban University. Tip-time is scheduled for 7 p.m. (PT) at Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene.
Jillian Alleyne and Lexi Petersen after Southern OregonPLAY VIDEO
- Paul Westhead after Southern Oregon
- Notes: Women's Basketball Hosts Fresno State on Sunday
- Ducks Persevere To Win in Double Overtime as Alleyne Reaches 1,000 Career Rebounds
- Notes: Women's Hoops Hosts Santa Clara on Thursday
- Feature: Berthuel Living Her Dream at Oregon
- Ducks Topple Lumberjacks, 59-47
- Oregon Football Practice Report: Dec. 19
- Chase, Irvin claim preseason All-America honors
- Ducks Host High-Flying Hornets
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks