Abby Steele was named Pac-12 Women’s Soccer Player of the Week for the week of October 29 - November 4, Commissioner Larry Scott announced today.WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Ducks goalkeeper
Steele, a sophomore from Santa Rosa, Calif., collected four saves on 16 total shots and posted her sixth clean sheet of the season in a 2-0 victory over Oregon State on Friday to take home Defensive Player of the Week accolades. She tallied a pair of saves in each half to help the Ducks send their seniors off with a win. Steele notched 78 saves in 19 games this season, averaging 4.11 stops per contest. She ranks fifth in the Pac-12 in goals against average (1.05) and save percentage (.796) and is tied for third in the Conference in shutouts (6).
"It's an honor to be chosen for this award and I want to say thank you to my coach Paul Karver because he is the one who got me to this point in my career," said Steele. "I also want to thank Casey Wilhelm, my senior keeper who pushed me every practice. I couldn't have excelled without her positive attitude."
This marks Steele's first Pac-12 Player of the Week award. She is Oregon’s ninth all-time Player of the Week recipient.
Abby Steele Named Pac-12 Soccer Player of the Week
Release Date: 11/06/2012
- Kuroda’s Late Goal Gives Ducks First Win of the Season
- Early Goal Dooms Ducks
- Ducks Return Home To Host USF and Fresno State in Weekend Matches
- Ducks Drop Double Overtime Heartbreaker Sunday
- Ducks Drop Tough 2-1 Contest to LSU in 2015 Opener
- NFL #ProDucks: Preseason Week 3
- Enhancements For 2015 Make Autzen More Mobile Friendly
- Volleyball Triumphs in Comeback over George Washington
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks