Pit Crew Hosting Showing for Guru of Go
Release Date: 11/13/2012
Head coach Paul Westhead – who will be joined by members of the 2012-13 UO women’s basketball team - will provide a brief introduction for the documentary and be available to answer a few questions prior to the start of the viewing.
In addition, the Pit Crew will hand out raffle tickets prior to the showing and award Pit Crew gear to the winners following the show.
It has been 20 years since Westhead led Loyola Marymount on its magical run through the NCAA Tournament. Westhead spent five years (1985-90) at LMU, helping the Lions build an impressive program and become a legitimate contender in NCAA men’s basketball. During his tenure with the Lions, Westhead built a 105-48 (.603) record, leading the Lions to three consecutive NCAA tournament appearances and a historic run to the Elite Eight in 1990.
Oscar-winning director Bill Couturié worked with Westhead and Bo Kimble to tell a “fast-paced and emotionally moving story of innovation, triumph and tragedy,” during the Elite Eight run of the 1990 season. The film originally debuted in 2010. Click here for a link to the trailer to Guru of Go and/or click here for additional information on the documentary.
- Notes: Women's Basketball Hosts Fresno State on Sunday
- Ducks Persevere To Win in Double Overtime as Alleyne Reaches 1,000 Career Rebounds
- Notes: Women's Hoops Hosts Santa Clara on Thursday
- Feature: Berthuel Living Her Dream at Oregon
- Ducks Topple Lumberjacks, 59-47
- New Lineup Sparks Ducks to Victory Over Delaware State, 83-70
- UO Football Practice Recap: Dec. 20
- Oregon Football Practice Report: Dec. 19
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks