“It is with mixed emotions that we say goodbye to Mary as she leaves the Ducks to join a program that will greatly benefit from her presence both on and off the floor,” Smith said.
Sbrissa joined the Ducks in January of 2005 and redshirted the 2005-06 season. Over the following two years, Sbrissa appeared in 12 games for
“I decided to transfer to NYIT because I felt I could complete my academic studies at the University and also compete for the basketball program,” Sbrissa said. “I went to visit and I really liked the campus, the coaching staff and the players.
The native of
“I really enjoyed my time at
NYIT is a Division II institution, allowing Sbrissa to play immediately.
“We will miss Mary because as a Duck, she epitomized the character, strength, and sacrifice of a role player that every team needs,” Smith said. “She was a committed, passionate, and relentless competitor for our team and was our team’s student-athlete scholar award winner this past season. At the same time however, we are excited and happy for Mary in that she will be able to continue to pursue both her educational and basketball dreams and goals at her new school.”
Sbrissa Transfers To NYIT
Release Date: 07/18/2008
- Four Ducks Earn All-Academic Honors
- Late-Season Progress Showed Foundation Laid By Graves
- UO's Season Ends with Loss to WSU in Pac-12 Tournament
- Cougars Are First Postseason Hurdle As Ducks Open Pac-12 Tournament
- Alleyne, Bando Earn Media Honors
- Ducks Beat Seattle, End Brief Slide
- Takeda Taken in NPF Draft
- Lockie Leads Quarterbacks Into "New Day In Oregon Football"
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks