“It is with mixed emotions that we say goodbye to Mary as she leaves the Ducks to join a program that will greatly benefit from her presence both on and off the floor,” Smith said.
Sbrissa joined the Ducks in January of 2005 and redshirted the 2005-06 season. Over the following two years, Sbrissa appeared in 12 games for
“I decided to transfer to NYIT because I felt I could complete my academic studies at the University and also compete for the basketball program,” Sbrissa said. “I went to visit and I really liked the campus, the coaching staff and the players.
The native of
“I really enjoyed my time at
NYIT is a Division II institution, allowing Sbrissa to play immediately.
“We will miss Mary because as a Duck, she epitomized the character, strength, and sacrifice of a role player that every team needs,” Smith said. “She was a committed, passionate, and relentless competitor for our team and was our team’s student-athlete scholar award winner this past season. At the same time however, we are excited and happy for Mary in that she will be able to continue to pursue both her educational and basketball dreams and goals at her new school.”
Sbrissa Transfers To NYIT
Release Date: 07/18/2008
- Notes: Ducks Close Out Non-Conference Schedule with Seattle U
- Bando Named Pac-12 Freshman of the Week
- Oregon's Rally Falls Short vs. Fresno State
- Notes: Women's Basketball Hosts Fresno State on Sunday
- Ducks Persevere To Win in Double Overtime as Alleyne Reaches 1,000 Career Rebounds
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
- Anderson On Rockies 40-Man Roster
- Oregon Enjoys Steady Diet of Success at Receiver Under Matt Lubick
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks