For 15 consecutive years UO student-athletes have hosted the Quackin' Action community service event. Click here to read more.
THE UNIVERSITY OF OREGON'S O HEROES ARE
CHAMPIONS ON THE FIELD - HEROES IN THE COMMUNITY
The University of Oregon’s student-athletes are viewed as role models in the community. We at the University of Oregon Athletic Department are very fortunate to have these young individuals not only participating in our varsity teams but also volunteering their time to the community. The goal for O Heroes is to create a collective organization that can positively impact Oregon, most specifically the Eugene/Springfield community. The student-athletes’ efforts in this regard are our way of thanking the fans and the community for their continued support.
Through the O Heroes program we have reached thousands of people each year. The University of Oregon Athletic Department and the student-athletes strive to establish lasting relationships with community members and always welcome opportunities to develop further.
In May of 2012, O Heroes and the Boys and Girls Club of the Emerald Valley teamed up to host the inaugural "O"lympics event. Click here to read more.
Standing Annual Projects:
• Special Olympics Bowling
• Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure
• Greenhill Humane Society Animal Shelter Day
• Holiday Gift Giving with the Ducks
• Read Across America
• Ben and Jerry's Scoop Night
• KIDSPORTS Invitational 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
• Showtime Student-Athlete Talent Show
• Boys and Girls Club "O"lympics
• Jane Higdon Fun Run
• Duckling Days
• University Day
• NAYA Field Day
• Nike Re-Use a Shoe Campaign
• Quackin' Action Community Service Event
• O Heroes Abroad International Service Trip
O HEROES IMPACT REPORT
O HEROES PARTNERS