Oregon Welcomes Back ESPN College GameDay
Release Date: 10/25/2009
Kickoff for the football game, which will be televised on either ABC or ESPN2, is scheduled for 5 p.m.
The premier college football pre-game show, which has aired weekly on ESPN since its inception in 1989, last broadcast from Eugene on Nov. 3, 2007, when Oregon, ranked fourth at the time, hosted then No. 6 Arizona State. That year, GameDay also originated from the UO campus on Sept. 29, when the 11th-ranked Ducks hosted No. 6 California.
The program features hosts Chris Fowler, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, and will air live from 7 a.m.-9 a.m. (PDT). The show began producing the telecast from college campuses around the country in 1993.
Details surrounding the exact site of the production will be released early this week, with the general public encouraged to be part of the production free of charge.
This will be the fourth Eugene appearance for the show, which includes features, predictions and highlights of some of this week’s top games from around the country, and the fifth time the Ducks have played a role in the network’s award-winning college football preview show. The production’s first Oregon appearance occurred in 2000 when it made its first-ever appearance in the Pacific Northwest on Sept. 23 prior to the Oregon-UCLA game.
Oregon and UCLA also were featured in 1998 when the show originated from the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.
- Addison's Return A Welcome Sight For Ducks And Fans
- Ekpre-Olomu Completes Draft Class For Oregon In 2015
- Ducks Wrap Up Month Of Practices With Traditional Spring Salute
- Lockie Caps Consistent Month With Perfect Spring Game
- Nelson A Two-Way Star In Saturday's Spring Game
- NCAA Division I Menís and Womenís Outdoor Track & Field Championships Single Day Tickets on Sale Tuesday, May 26
- Cheserek, Prandini Named Academic All-District
- Oregon's The Hunted This Week Against Hungry Wolfpack
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks