Ducks to Open 2011 Season vs. LSU in Cowboys Classic
Release Date: 09/07/2010
The contest will represent the Ducks’ fourth meeting with the Tigers and their first since 1977, as well as Oregon’s first regular-season neutral-site contest since the 1985 season (USC in Tokyo). Oregon won the first meeting between the two schools in 1932, 12-0, but has lost its last two confrontations in 1934 (14-13) and 1977 (56-17).
The game is scheduled to be televised by either ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC.
“Obviously this will be a big game for us as we also look forward to playing in a facility such as Cowboys Stadium,” Oregon head coach Chip Kelly said. “I like games like this as they help prepare you for the conference schedule.”
It will mark the Ducks’ first visit to the state of Texas since the 2007 Sun Bowl and their first appearance in the Dallas-Fort Worth area since the 1996 Cotton Bowl.
Currently, Oregon lists seven players from Texas on its roster – all underclassmen – including sophomore running back LaMichael James and quarterback Darron Thomas.
The specifics surrounding ticket sales for the event will be announced at a later date.
- Addison's Return A Welcome Sight For Ducks And Fans
- Ekpre-Olomu Completes Draft Class For Oregon In 2015
- Ducks Wrap Up Month Of Practices With Traditional Spring Salute
- Lockie Caps Consistent Month With Perfect Spring Game
- Nelson A Two-Way Star In Saturday's Spring Game
- Ducks Post Personal Bests at Payton Jordan
- Ducks Use Five Homers to Bash Bears
- Freshman Battery Keys Win For Ducks
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks