Men's Golf Places Seventh at Cal Tourney
Release Date: 10/19/2010
The Ducks shot par or better in all three rounds, but could not catch wire-to-wire leader Cal. The host Bears won by shooting 48-under 804, holding off a final-round charge by San Diego State (806).
Oregon's No. 5, Sean Maekawa, paced the Ducks at 7-under (65-72-69-206) and fired the low round of his collegiate career with a 65 over the opening 18 holes. The senior from Pa'auilo, Hawaii, tied for 11th overall, his second-best finish at UO.
Andrew Vijarro (70-70-69-209) was second among the Ducks and tied for 24th overall after a steady 4-under performance at the 6,708-yard, par 71. A junior from Bend, Ore., Vijarro was playing in only his second event of the season.
With Eugene Wong - Oregon's usual No. 1 - sitting this one out, Daniel Miernicki handled top man duties and tied for 39th at even par (69-72-72-213).
Robbie Ziegler dropped all three of his shots against par in Round 3 to tie for 54th at 3-over (71-71-74-216), and Isaiah Telles was a stroke behind him and tied for 57th (73-70-74-217).
The Ducks will participate in one more fall event, the Gifford Collegiate at Cordevalle, hosted by UCLA Nov. 8-10. The 2011 season begins in earnest in February.
- NCAA Golf Championships Slated for ECC in 2016
- Duck Golfers Finish in the Top 10 at Patriot All-America
- UO Golfers Set for Patriot All-America
- Assistant Coach Back To Work After Near-Death Experience
- Martin Signs Foust and Yi to NLIs
- Ducks Dismantle Wolf Pack Again
- Ducks Shake Up Record Book at UW
- Super J's Big Game Too Much For Bruins
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks