LaMichael James, tight end David Paulson and guard Carson York have been named to the Pac-10 all-academic first team, conference officials announced Tuesday.WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- University of Oregon running back
James, the nation’s leading rusher, carries a 3.01 grade point average in Sociology and adds the academic honor to his already impressive list of achievements on the field. A semifinalist for the Maxwell Award, recognizing the outstanding player in college football, and Doak Walker Award, given annually to the nation’s top running back, the Texarkana, Texas, native is the first UO running back since Eric Winn in 1997 to earn conference all-academic honors.
Paulson, a junior from Auburn, Wash., became a two-time recipient of first-team accolades. The Ducks’ third-leading receiver with 322 yards and three touchdowns this season has a 3.66 GPA in Business Administration.
York, an eight-game starter at left guard, is majoring in Journalism and has a 3.70 GPA. Like Paulson, the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, product earned his second all-academic first-team award and has played a key role for the nation’s No. 1 scoring offense and top rushing attack in the Pac-10.
Junior Ramsen Golpashin (3.55, Business Administration), sophomore wide receiver Justin Hoffman (3.61, Geography) and senior center Jordan Holmes (3.38, Human Physiology) were named to the second team.
Junior tackle Mark Asper, sophomore linebacker Michael Clay, sophomore offensive lineman Nick Cody, senior quarterback Nate Costa, freshman defensive tackle Taylor Hart and sophomore short snapper Jeff Palmer earned honorable mention.
James Headlines Pac-10 All-Academic Trio
Release Date: 11/16/2010
David Paulson - Pac-10 All Academic TeamPLAY VIDEO
- LaMichael James selected to Pac-10 All Academic Team
- Carson York - Pac-10 All Academic Team
- Preseason Camp Preview: Defensive Line
- Addition Of Mariota Fuels Optimism Among Titans Fans
- Mariota Opens Training Camp Atop Titans Depth Chart
- Preseason Camp Preview: Offensive Line
- Ducks Fifth In Coaches Poll, Picked To Win Pac-12 North
- Men's Golf Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Women’s Golf Announces 2015-16 Schedule
- Wise Crowned 49th Pacific Coast Amateur Champion
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks