Friday, November 26, 10 p.m. PT
No. 1 Oregon vs. No. 21 Arizona • Nov. 26, 2010 • Eugene, Ore. (Autzen Stadium)
• Oregon recorded its second 11-win season in school history (11-1 in 2001) and matched the longest winning streak at 11.
• The Ducks clinched at least a share of the conference championship and a BCS bowl bid for the second straight season, which is a team first.
• SO RB LaMichael James scored two more rushing touchdowns, giving him a UO single-season record of 19, which also ties him for ninth in Pac-10 history.
• James also set a new Oregon season scoring mark with 120 points, passing former kicker Nathan Villegas, who had 117 in 1998.
• James' 126-yard rushing effort (28 attempts) was his eighth 100-yard game of the season and 17th for his career. He became only the second player in school history to rush for 3,000 yards in a career (3,094).
• James now has 1,548 rushing yards on the year, setting a new personal best. That mark is second on Oregon's single-season list.
• SR WR Jeff Maehl tied the UO career mark for receiving touchdowns with his 24th, while extending his Oregon season record to 12. Maehl caught a TD for the ninth straight game, also a record, and extended his string of games with at least one reception to 32.
• Maehl now ranks all alone in fifth for season receptions at UO with 61.
• SO QB Darron Thomas ranks No. 5 on Oregon's single-season list for total offense with (2,869).
• With four more touchdowns - 3 passing, 1 rushing - Thomas has 31 on the season (26 passing, 5 rushing), which ranks third in a single season behind Akili Smith (36, 1998) and Joey Harrington (33, 2001).
• FR WR Josh Huff scored on an 85-yard run in the third quarter, marking UO's longest play from scrimmage this season and tying for the third-longest rush in school history.
• Oregon is now 3-0 against top 25 teams this season and 7-2 during Chip Kelly's two-year tenure.
• The Ducks have scored 555 points on the year, a new Oregon season record (545, 2008, 13 games).
• Arizona became only the second team to score on the Ducks in the fourth quarter this season (101-14 margin).
• Huff became the fifth different Oregon player to rush for more than 100 yards this season, totaling 103 yards on 3 carries. His average of 34.3 yards per carry broke Mel Renfro's 1961 record of 30.5 (4 carries for 122 yards)
• Thomas had string of 76 attempts without an interception snapped on UO's opening drive.
• The Ducks allowed a safety for the first time since Sept. 3, 2009, at Boise State.
• FR QB/WR Dustin Haines served as the holder on place kicks for the first time.
• Arizona had the longest scrimmage play vs. Oregon this season on an 85-yard TD from Nick Foles to Juron Criner in the first quarter.
• True freshman Alejandro Maldonado made is UO debut at punter in the first half.
• Oregon's 99-yard scoring drive (19 plays) in the 3rd quarter was its longest of the season and equal to the longest in school history.
• The Ducks trailed at the half for only the second time this season.
• UO celebrated Senior Day with the 40th win in 50 games over the past four seasons.
• Oregon improved to 23-3 in Pac-10 play since the start of the 2008 season.
• Friday's attendance of 59,990 was the team's 74th consecutive sellout, dating to 1999, and the second largest crowd in Autzen Stadium history. blog comments powered by Disqus