Jack Dukeminier has been named to the 2011 Capital One Academic All-America Men's At-Large first team it was announced Tuesday by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA).TOWSON, Md. -- University of Oregon golfer
A Eugene native who recently completed his senior season on the links, Dukeminier is a graduate student in the classroom and carries a 4.03 cumulative grade point average in General Business. A two-time Capital One Academic All-District and three-time Pac-10 All-Academic first-team choice, Dukeminier was the recipient of the 2010 NCAA Elite 88 award for men's golf at the NCAA Championships. The Elite 88 award is presented to the student-athlete with the highest cumulative GPA participating at the finals site for each of the NCAA's 88 championships.
On the golf course, Dukeminier enjoyed his first medalist performance this past season, tying for the individual title at the OGIO Santa Barbara Invite while leading the Ducks to the team title. He also equaled his career-low with a 66 in the opening round of the NCAA Southeast Regional.
For his career, Dukeminer played 134 rounds over four seasons at UO and ranks seventh in career scoring average at 73.21.
He is the first Oregon golfer to earn first-team Academic All-America honors.
Dukeminier Named First-Team Academic All-America
Release Date: 06/07/2011
- Wise Wins NCAA Championship, Ducks Reach Match Play
- Wise Named to PING All-Region Team
- Wise Perched Atop Leaderboard Entering Monday's Round
- Ducks Charge Into Fourth Place Entering Sunday's Third Round
- Ducks Enter Weekend Off The Pace After Sluggish First Round
- Building Blocks of Success
- Season Ends In Super Regionals
- Lindvall Powers Ducks Past Bruins In Super Regionals
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks