The Football Bowl Association has released the formal 35-game lineup for the 2011-12 bowl season, starting with the New Mexico Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 17, and ending with the BCS National Championship Game on Monday, Jan. 9.
Friday, June 17, 11:00 a.m. PT
Assuming enough conference teams have the prerequisite winning record to become bowl eligible, the Pac-12 will be represented in a minimum of seven postseason games:
- New Mexico Bowl (Sat., Dec. 17, 11 a.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 7 vs. MWC
- MAACO Bowl Las Vegas (Thu., Dec. 22, 5 p.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 5/6 vs. MWC
- Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl (Wed., Dec. 28, 5 p.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 3 vs. Big 12
- Valero Alamo Bowl (Thu., Dec. 29, 6 p.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 2 vs. Big 12
- Hyundai Sun Bowl (Sat., Dec. 31, 11 a.m. on CBS) – Pac-12 No. 4 vs. ACC
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (Sat., Dec. 31, 12:30 p.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 5/6 vs. Army
- Rose Bowl Game presented by VIZIO (Mon., Jan. 2, 2 p.m. on ESPN) – Pac-12 No. 1 vs. Big Ten
Other potential landing spots for Pac-12 teams include the three BCS Bowls in addition to the Rose Bowl – Sugar, Orange and Fiesta – and the BCS title game.
The Ducks have made 18 bowl appearances in the last 22 seasons, the most among Pac-12 schools and eighth-most in college football.
blog comments powered by Disqus