Garrett Sim was recognized as part of the 2012 Pac-12 Men’s Basketball All-Academic teams the league office announced on Thursday. Sim, from Portland, Ore., was an honorable mention selection marking the third straight year that he has been recognized as a Pac-12 All-Academic selection.EUGENE, Ore. -- Senior guard
First team selections included: Sabatino Chen (Colorado), John Gage (Stanford), Trent Lockett (Arizona State), Rhys Murphy (Oregon State) and Jack Trotter (Stanford). The second team was made up of Harper Kamp (California), Abe Lodwick (Washington State), Josh Owens (Stanford), Patrick Simon (Washington State) and Andrew Zimmerman (Stanford).
Sim, who averaged career-highs in points and shooting percentage this past season, also received honorable mention all-conference recognition.
Sim ended his career at UO having played in a school record 136 consecutive games. He received second team all-academic recognition in both his sophomore and junior seasons.
Sim Recognized as Part of Pac-12 All-Academic Teams
Release Date: 04/05/2012
- International Play This Summer Served Ducks Well
- UO-Baylor Picked for ESPN Marathon
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Young Gets Chance to Set Pace with Indiana
- Early Goal Dooms Ducks
- Ducks Open With Sweep of Temple
- Adams, Hegarty among new UO starters heading into 2015 opener
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks