Garrett Sim was recognized as part of the 2012 Pac-12 Men’s Basketball All-Academic teams the league office announced on Thursday. Sim, from Portland, Ore., was an honorable mention selection marking the third straight year that he has been recognized as a Pac-12 All-Academic selection.EUGENE, Ore. -- Senior guard
First team selections included: Sabatino Chen (Colorado), John Gage (Stanford), Trent Lockett (Arizona State), Rhys Murphy (Oregon State) and Jack Trotter (Stanford). The second team was made up of Harper Kamp (California), Abe Lodwick (Washington State), Josh Owens (Stanford), Patrick Simon (Washington State) and Andrew Zimmerman (Stanford).
Sim, who averaged career-highs in points and shooting percentage this past season, also received honorable mention all-conference recognition.
Sim ended his career at UO having played in a school record 136 consecutive games. He received second team all-academic recognition in both his sophomore and junior seasons.
Sim Recognized as Part of Pac-12 All-Academic Teams
Release Date: 04/05/2012
- Benjamin, Boucher Spark Ducks As UO Men Improve to 5-0
- Ducks Tip Off Holiday with Matinee
- Strong Play Down The Stretch Keeps Ducks Unbeaten
- Crusader Challenge Awaits Ducks
- Ducks Stay Unbeaten With Win Over Savannah State
- Sweet 16's: On The Hunt For A Program-Defining Recruiting Class
- Ducks Respond Under Pressure To Boost NCAA Credentials
- Sweet 16's: The Plan For A Program-Defining Recruiting Class
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks