Ducks in Spain - Madrid
Release Date: 08/24/2012
After a brief bus tour of town Friday morning, the team and travel party had a chance to walk through the Madrid city center (sights included: Plaza Mayor, Almudena Cathedral, and the Royal Palace). More touring of Spain's capital city is scheduled for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
During the lay-over in Atlanta, the squad took the video camera and interviewed one another. Here is what they came up with...
Sophomore guard Amanda Delgado is doubling up as a team photographer during the trip. Here are some pics she took on both Thursday and Friday. More pics will be available in the coming days.
The Ducks will begin play on Saturday when they scrimmage against Estudiantes, a Madrid-based professional team. UO will face Estudiantes in a full competition again on Saturday evening. Both games are scheduled to tip-off at 7 p.m. (Spanish Time). Live updates (if internet is available at the arena) will be available on the @OregonWBB Twitter account.
Oregon remains in Madrid through Monday, before spending two days in Valencia and the final four days of the trip in Barcelona.
Video Recap: Flight to SpainPLAY VIDEO
- Alleyne Earns USA Basketball Invite
- UO Signs NWAC Player of the Year Mar'Shay Moore
- UO Signs JC All-American Point Guard Megan Trinder
- Alleyne Named Associated Press Third Team All-America
- Four Ducks Earn All-Academic Honors
- Start Times Set for Select FB Games
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- End to a Great Season for Oregon at NCAA Championships
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks