Ducks in Spain - Madrid
Release Date: 08/24/2012
After a brief bus tour of town Friday morning, the team and travel party had a chance to walk through the Madrid city center (sights included: Plaza Mayor, Almudena Cathedral, and the Royal Palace). More touring of Spain's capital city is scheduled for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
During the lay-over in Atlanta, the squad took the video camera and interviewed one another. Here is what they came up with...
Sophomore guard Amanda Delgado is doubling up as a team photographer during the trip. Here are some pics she took on both Thursday and Friday. More pics will be available in the coming days.
The Ducks will begin play on Saturday when they scrimmage against Estudiantes, a Madrid-based professional team. UO will face Estudiantes in a full competition again on Saturday evening. Both games are scheduled to tip-off at 7 p.m. (Spanish Time). Live updates (if internet is available at the arena) will be available on the @OregonWBB Twitter account.
Oregon remains in Madrid through Monday, before spending two days in Valencia and the final four days of the trip in Barcelona.
Video Recap: Flight to SpainPLAY VIDEO
- Four Ducks Earn All-Academic Honors
- Late-Season Progress Showed Foundation Laid By Graves
- UO's Season Ends with Loss to WSU in Pac-12 Tournament
- Cougars Are First Postseason Hurdle As Ducks Open Pac-12 Tournament
- Alleyne, Bando Earn Media Honors
- Takeda Taken in NPF Draft
- Lockie Leads Quarterbacks Into "New Day In Oregon Football"
- As Ducks Flourish, Familiar Faces Crop Up In Opposing Dugouts
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks