Ducks Defeat Estudiantes in Spain Trip Opener
Release Date: 08/25/2012
Sophomore Amanda Delgado scored a team-high 20 points, making 6-of-16 from behind the 3-point arc. Fellow sophomore Lexi Petersen contributed 18 points, while freshman Jillian Alleyne posted 16 points, eight rebounds, three assists and three steals. Sophomore Megan Carpenter had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Junior Danielle Love added eight points and eight rebounds.
Oregon went 15-of-20 on field goals during that third period. The Ducks received nine points from Delgado and eight points from Alleyne during that stretch.
The Ducks made 44.7 percent of their field goals (38-of-85), making only 27.6 percent of their 3-pointers. UO shot 62.5 percent (10-of-16) from the free throw line.
Oregon out-rebounded Estudiantes, 44-22, with 24 of those boards coming on the offensive end. The Ducks had 21 assists to their 30 made field goals, with senior Laura Stanulis and sophomore Jordan Loera each registering a team-best six assists.
Estudiantes was led by veteran post Marta Zurro who had a game-high 27 points on 11-of-17 field goal shooting. Alba Garcia added 11 points in a losing cause.
Oregon will continue play on Sunday, Aug. 26 with a rematch against Estudiantes. Tip-time is set for 7 p.m. at Polideportivo Magariños in Madrid, Spain.
- Ducks Shock No. 19 Stanford on Senior Night
- Notes: Ducks Close Out Regular Season with Stanford
- Ducks Clipped By Golden Bears at Home
- For Senior Post Carpenter, Sublime Season Hits Bittersweet End
- Notes: Ducks Host No. 24 California Thursday
- UO Beats Stanford, Earns First Sweep in Bay Area Since 1976
- Ducks Dominant in Win Over Gaels
- Ducks Roll on, Defeat Quinnipiac on the Road
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks