Lexi Petersen and Jordan Loera combined to score 44 points to lead the University of Oregon women’s basketball team to an 84-61 win over Estudiantes on Sunday night at the Polideportivo Magariños in Madrid, Spain.MADRID, Spain -- Sophomores
Four Ducks scored in double-figures led by Petersen who had a game-high 26 points on 9-of-17 shooting from the field. Loera added 18 points, seven rebounds and six assists while making 7-of-15 field goal attempts.
Freshman Jillian Alleyne registered a double-double tallying 11 points and 15 rebounds, with 11 of those boards coming on the offensive end. Senior Laura Stanulis had 10 points and a team-high eight assists.
Oregon shot 37.5 percent on field goals (33-of-88), while hitting 27.6 percent of shots behind the 3-point arc (8-of-29). UO managed to make just 52.4 percent of its free throws (11-of-21).
For the second time in as many nights, UO held a sizeable rebounding advantage (44-23). The Ducks grabbed 19 boards on the offensive end in Sunday’s triumph.
The Ducks improved to 2-0 on their four-game Spanish Foreign Tour. Oregon defeated Estudiantes, 94-67, in the first of two meetings on Saturday night.
UO returns to action on Thursday, Aug. 30 with a game against Uni Girona in Barcelona, Spain. The Ducks close their Spain trip with a game against Santa Rosa de Lima on Saturday, Sept. 1 in a game also played in Barcelona.
Oregon Defeats Estudiantes in Madrid
Release Date: 08/26/2012
- Four Ducks Earn All-Academic Honors
- Late-Season Progress Showed Foundation Laid By Graves
- UO's Season Ends with Loss to WSU in Pac-12 Tournament
- Cougars Are First Postseason Hurdle As Ducks Open Pac-12 Tournament
- Alleyne, Bando Earn Media Honors
- Struggles On Diamond Continue With 6-4 Loss To Portland
- After A Year Away, Addison Happy To Be Back In Action
- Ducks No. 1 in Both Top-25 Polls
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks