JUST THE FACTS: TELEVISION REVENUE
There is considerable misinformation on television contracts and the amount of money the University of Oregon receives from the Pac-12 Conference. Television revenue has been grossly overstated in various reports. The amount reported is often an average of the projected revenue over the life of the new television contracts with ESPN and Fox as well as projections on Pac-12 Networks revenue. The University of Oregon has been transparent in sharing UO financial date with the public here. Here are the facts:
- UO projects (and budgeted) to receive $14.74 Million from the Pac-12 Conference in television revenue in Fiscal Year 2013.
- UO received $9.78 Million last fiscal year in television revenue from the Pac-12 Conference.
- The net gain is $4.96 Million on Pac-12 television revenue in Fiscal Year 2013.
- UO athletic department remains transparent with relevant financial information located here.
- UO projects to receive $18.43 Million from the Pac-12 and the NCAA in Fiscal Year 2013. This distribution includes television revenue (projected and budgeted as $14.74 M), bowl revenue, NCAA basketball or other event revenue the conference distributes.
- We received $14.69 Million last fiscal year from the Pac-12 and the NCAA.
- The net gain is $3.74 Million from the Pac-12 and the NCAA, which includes the television revenue increase.