Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen lost on Thursday to the fourth-seeded duo at the ITA All-American Tournament in Tulsa, Okla.TULSA, Okla.—The University of Oregon’s men’s tennis doubles team of
After getting off to a rocky start, Cambier and Mullen played extremely well to come back, but ultimately could not top Chris Camillone and David Holiner of the University of Texas and lost 8-6.
“We started a little bit slow and we made mistakes early,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We were down two breaks, but the guys did an unbelievable job of battling back. It was 6-7 and we had game point to get to seven all. We didn’t close that game out and ended up taking a very close loss to a highly seeded and ranked team. All in all, if we can just improve a little bit upon this tomorrow and maybe serve a little bit better, I like our chances.”
Cambier and Mullen take to the courts again tomorrow afternoon.
Check the ITA website here for match times and more information.
Oregon Falls to Texas at ITA All-American
Release Date: 10/04/2012
- Ducks Fall to Stanford in Second Round of Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Tame Cats at Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Face Arizona to Open Pac-12 Championships
- Ducks Down Dawgs
- Schyllander Adds Transfer from Japan
- Ducks Finish Weekend With Season Bests at Payton Jordan
- Williams Named to MPSF All-Tournament Team
- Ducks Rally To Win Series
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks