Abby Steele was named Pac-12 Women’s Soccer Player of the Week for the week of October 29 - November 4, Commissioner Larry Scott announced today.WALNUT CREEK, Calif. – Ducks goalkeeper
Steele, a sophomore from Santa Rosa, Calif., collected four saves on 16 total shots and posted her sixth clean sheet of the season in a 2-0 victory over Oregon State on Friday to take home Defensive Player of the Week accolades. She tallied a pair of saves in each half to help the Ducks send their seniors off with a win. Steele notched 78 saves in 19 games this season, averaging 4.11 stops per contest. She ranks fifth in the Pac-12 in goals against average (1.05) and save percentage (.796) and is tied for third in the Conference in shutouts (6).
"It's an honor to be chosen for this award and I want to say thank you to my coach Paul Karver because he is the one who got me to this point in my career," said Steele. "I also want to thank Casey Wilhelm, my senior keeper who pushed me every practice. I couldn't have excelled without her positive attitude."
This marks Steele's first Pac-12 Player of the Week award. She is Oregon’s ninth all-time Player of the Week recipient.
Abby Steele Named Pac-12 Soccer Player of the Week
Release Date: 11/06/2012
- Former Oregon Goalkeeper Abby Steele Signs with Reign FC
- Ducks Add Serratore to Coaching Staff
- Ducks Announce 2015 Soccer Schedule
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 3
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Addition Of Mariota Fuels Optimism Among Titans Fans
- Wise Crowned 49th Pacific Coast Amateur Champion
- Mariota Opens Training Camp Atop Titans Depth Chart
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks