Pit Crew Hosting Showing for Guru of Go
Release Date: 11/13/2012
Head coach Paul Westhead – who will be joined by members of the 2012-13 UO women’s basketball team - will provide a brief introduction for the documentary and be available to answer a few questions prior to the start of the viewing.
In addition, the Pit Crew will hand out raffle tickets prior to the showing and award Pit Crew gear to the winners following the show.
It has been 20 years since Westhead led Loyola Marymount on its magical run through the NCAA Tournament. Westhead spent five years (1985-90) at LMU, helping the Lions build an impressive program and become a legitimate contender in NCAA men’s basketball. During his tenure with the Lions, Westhead built a 105-48 (.603) record, leading the Lions to three consecutive NCAA tournament appearances and a historic run to the Elite Eight in 1990.
Oscar-winning director Bill Couturié worked with Westhead and Bo Kimble to tell a “fast-paced and emotionally moving story of innovation, triumph and tragedy,” during the Elite Eight run of the 1990 season. The film originally debuted in 2010. Click here for a link to the trailer to Guru of Go and/or click here for additional information on the documentary.
- Alleyne Named Pac-12 Player of the Week
- Ducks Shock No. 19 Stanford on Senior Night
- Notes: Ducks Close Out Regular Season with Stanford
- Ducks Clipped By Golden Bears at Home
- For Senior Post Carpenter, Sublime Season Hits Bittersweet End
- Ducks Go For Green at Gill
- UO Beats Stanford, Earns First Sweep in Bay Area Since 1976
- Ducks Dominant in Win Over Gaels
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks