No. 72 Men's Tennis Set to Host Second Straight Doubleheader
Release Date: 01/23/2013
The Spartans come into the match 1-0 after winning their only match in an extremely over Presbyterian 4-3, while the Eagles come in 1-1 after a 7-0 loss to Idaho and a 7-0 victory over Whitworth.
The Ducks swept both Portland State and Seattle by a score of 7-0 in a Saturday (Jan.19) doubleheader at the Student Tennis Center to open the 2013 spring campaign. The Ducks did not drop a match in singles or doubles play in 18 total matches. Freshmen Daan Maasland, Brent Chin and Lova Randriamampandry all notched their first collegiate victories, while returners Alex Rovello, Jeff Mullen, Daniel Sardu, Robin Cambier, Aaron Clissold and Michael Schaeffer picked up right where they left off in the fall after sweeping the PNW Intercollegiates.
Despite their impressive opening weekend, the Ducks dropped one spot to 72 in ITA’s latest rankings and will look to improve on that with another strong showing on Friday.
A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action from the Student Tennis Center on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com.
Daniel Sardu post South Carolina UpstatePLAY VIDEO
- UO Tennis Earns Seven Players on All-Academic Team
- Pair of Ducks Named to Pac-12 All-Conference Team
- Schyllander Signs Top Junior from Indonesia
- Swaysland Earns ITA Award, Internship with Wilson
- Oregon Tripped Up in Quarterfinals at Pac-12 Championships
- Tourney Teams Highlight Schedule
- First Wave Of Incoming Freshmen Already Adjusting To College
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks