Naomi Hoffman, a 5-3 senior on the Oregon Acrobatics and Tumbling team. Naomi is currently pursing an undergraduate degree in Human Physiology and a minor in Business Administration.Each week O Heroes sits down with one of our student-athletes to get to know more about them on and off the court. This week’s feature is on
A native to Texas, Naomi has competed in gymnastics her entire life. Last year, Naomi’s Acrobatics and Tumbling team qualified for the NCATA National Championships and won. Her disciplined dedication to working on the mat parallels her commitment to volunteering in the Eugene/Springfield community.
Naomi’s passion for giving back has made her a strong leader in the O Heroes program. Last year, Naomi assisted in the planning of Duckling Days, and most recently, she played an active role in decorating the Riverbend Hospital, volunteering at the Nick Symmonds 800m Race, and assisting runners at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Naomi’s presence in the Oregon community gives merit to her work ethic and her passion for giving back to philanthropic organizations.
After graduation, Naomi plans on moving back to Texas to attend grad school for nursing. She hopes to do clinical work as a RN, and get into a neonatal nursing program. Although she will be busy post-graduation, Naomi wants to continue to volunteer in her community at local animal shelters and hospitals.
For more information on O Heroes follow @oheroes on Twitter, and like O Heroes on Facebook.
2012-13 HERO OF THE WEEK LISTING
The following is a list of student-athletes who have been recognized as Hero of the Week during the 2012-13 seasons:
• Ashley Inman (LAX) - Sept. 27
• Grant Thompson (FB) - Oct. 11
• Maddy Mercier (WSOC) - Oct. 25
• Marcus Mariota (FB) - Nov. 2
• English Gardner (T&F) - Nov. 9
• David Wylie (WSOC) - Nov. 29
• Allie Woodward (T&F/CC) - Dec. 6
• Maggie Kovacs (LAX) - Jan. 10
• Noah Sheikh (MGOLF) - Jan. 17
2011-12 HERO OF THE WEEK LISTING
Last year, O Heroes began profiling student-athletes who were particularly active in serving the community.
The following is a list of student-athletes who were recognized as Hero of the Week during the 2011-12 seasons:
• Jessica Drummond (LAX) - Jan. 24
• Amanda Johnson (WBB) - Feb. 1
• James Scales (FB) - Feb. 6
• Michael Clay (FB) - Feb. 15
• Chynna Miley (WBB) - Feb. 23
• Alaina Bergsma (VB) - March 1
• Boseko Lokombo (FB) - March 7
• Erin Block (A&T) - April 18
• Trudie du Toit (WTEN) - April 25
• Kenjon Barner (FB) - May 21
Hero of the Week: Naomi Hoffman
Release Date: 01/25/2013
Off The Mat - Naomi HoffmanPLAY VIDEO
- Ducks Enriched by Service Trip To Dominican Republic
- “I Triple-Dog Dare You!”
- O Heroes Hosts "Quackin' Action"
- Mariota Leads Field Of Winners At Inaugural O Show
- Inaugural O Show to Be Held Tonight At Matthew Knight Arena
- Sangwan Victorious in Final Day of WSU Invitational
- Wise Leads Ducks at Nike Collegiate Invitational
- Ducks Fall 2-0 to Utah
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks