Ducks Fall to Huskies in Pac-12 Tournament, 69-62
Release Date: 03/07/2013
Talia Walton added 19 points and nine rebounds, while Aminah Williams had 11 points and 17 boards, for the fifth-seeded Huskies (20-10), who trailed by as many as 22 in the first half. Washington won despite shooting 32 percent from the floor, including 6 of 31 from 3-point range.
Ariel Thomas led the No. 12 seed Ducks (4-27) with 13 points. Jillian Alleyne scored 11, and she and Liz Brenner grabbed 15 rebounds apiece.
The Huskies went ahead for good, 61-60, on Walton's jumper with 4:17 to play, and Walton's 3-pointer with 1:13 left gave Washington a six-point lead and effectively clinched the win.
Washington will face No. 4 seed Colorado in Friday's quarterfinals.
- Alleyne Leads Ducks to Fourth Straight
- Fifth-year Seniors Enjoying Ride As Ducks Make Case for NCAA Bid
- Notes: Surging Ducks Host Utah
- Alleyne Makes Naismith Award Cut
- Cazorla Named USBWA National Freshman of the Week
- Personal Bests Abound for Ducks
- Ducks Collect Road Win at LMU
- Ducks Earn Win Over Cal Poly in Season Opener
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks