No. 33 Ducks Take Down No. 53 Texas A&M Corpus Christi
Release Date: 03/15/2013
“For the first outdoor match of the season, I was very pleased,” said head coach Nils Schyllander. “We fought our tails off, and it was a really solid battle. My hat goes off to Corpus Christi. They were very well coached and one of the hardest fighting teams I’ve ever seen. They really made us earn every single point out there.”
Oregon won its 14th consecutive doubles point Friday as the No. 1 and 3 duos defeated their opponents before the match on Court 2 was called early. Robin Cambier and Jeff Mullen beat Gergo Weidinger and Peter Nagy 8-6 on Court 1, while Aaron Clissold and Daniel Sardu topped Matt Westmoreland and Andrew Maingot 8-2 in the third spot. Alex Rovello and Daan Maasland were leading Odon Barta and Guillaume Rauseo 7-5 before the Ducks had secured the doubles point and the match was called.
In singles, Peter Nagy defeated Oregon’s Jeff Mullen 6-1, 6-4 in the No. 1 spot, but the Ducks won their matches on Courts 2-4 to seal the victory. Cambier topped Weidinger 7-6(4), 6-4 on Court 2, while Rovello defeated Westmoreland 6-2, 6-2 and Maasland beat Ricardo Mayagoitia 6-1, 6-2. Sardu and Lova Randriamampandry’s matches in the fifth and sixth spots were cut short as the Ducks officially recorded the victory at 4-1.
The Ducks return to action tomorrow as they take on Rice at 12:00 p.m. A full recap with statistics from each match will be available following action Houston, Tex. on the UO athletics website, www.goducks.com.
- Maasland Defeats Ranked Foe In 6-1 Loss To USC
- Ducks Unable to Take Down No. 15 UCLA on the Road
- Ducks Face So Cal Schools To Kick Off Pac-12 Competition
- UO Concludes Non-Conference Play With Emphatic 7-0 Win
- Pacific Travels to Eugene for Ducks' Final Non-conference Match
- After A Year Away, Addison Happy To Be Back In Action
- Ducks No. 1 in Both Top-25 Polls
- Glasco Named National Player of the Week by USA Softball
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks