EUGENE, Ore. – The University of Oregon soccer team will open its spring exhibition season this Saturday with a home match against Southern Oregon. Match time is scheduled for 4 p.m. (PT) at Pape’ Field in Eugene. The event is free and open to the public.
The Ducks, under the direction of first-year head coach Kat Mertz, have five matches this spring. UO returns 23 players, including seven starters, from last year’s squad which finished the regular-season 8-10-2 overall and 3-7-1 in Pac-12 Conference action.
Oregon's next match is on Sunday, April 21 in Seattle against Pac-12 rival Washington. That match is scheduled for 11 a.m. The following weekend the Ducks will host Oregon State with that match slated to begin at 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 27.
UO will play the final two exhibition contests away from Eugene.
The Ducks play a road match against Portland State at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 4, before closing the spring season with a neutral-site contest against UC Davis on Saturday, May 11. The UO-UC Davis match is scheduled for 3 p.m. and will be played at Southern Oregon University in Ashland, Ore.
Ducks Open Spring Schedule Against Southern Oregon
Release Date: 04/03/2013
- UO Soccer - Season In Review
- 8 Ducks Earn Pac-12 Academic Honors
- Three Ducks Receive Pac-12 Honors
- Ducks Win Season Finale Over OSU
- Civil War and Senior Day On Horizon
- Rose Bowl Practice Report: Dec. 26
- UO Golfers Set for Patriot All-America
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks