Sand Volleyball Drops First Match to South Carolina
Release Date: 03/21/2014
Shellsy Ashen and Martenne Bettendorf paired to win their match and give the Ducks their lone point at the No. 4 position. The duo cruised to a 21-9 win in the first set before losing a close second set 20-22. That battle continued in the deciding set with Ashen/Bettendorf coming out on top, 15-13.
Amanda Benson and Canace Finley filled the top spot in the Oregon lineup, but dropped their match in two sets, 21-11, 21-18.
During the day, two sets needed extra points to be decided, but the Ducks could not salvage wins in either. At No. 2, Liz Brenner and Natalie Bookout Gonzalez came out on the wrong end of a 24-22 decision in the first set and fell in second set as well, 21-14. After losing their first set, Kacey Nady and Tatum Norton could not force a third, but came close, going down 27-25 in the second set at No. 3.
Serena Warner and Naya Crittenden fell at No. 5, 21-16, 21-10.
The Ducks will play LSU at 10:30 a.m. PT and College of Charleston at 2:45 p.m. PT, Saturday.
South Carolina 4, Oregon 1
1. Paige Wheeler/Megan Kent def. Amanda Benson/Canace Finley, 21-11, 21-18
2. Mikaela Christiaansen/Jade Vitt def. Liz Brenner/Natalie Bookout Gonzalez, 24-22, 21-14
3. Jordan Loney/Chynna Ratner def. Kacey Nady/Tatum Norton, 21-14, 27-25
4. Shellsy Ashen/Martenne Bettendorf def. KoKo Atoa-Williams/Erin Neuenfeldt, 21-9, 20-22, 15-13
5. Litsa Darby/Morgan LaVigne def. Naya Crittenden/Serena Warner, 21-16, 21-10
- Ducks Finish Season in Boise
- Ducks Down Oregon State, 3-2
- Oregon Ready for Civil War
- Sand Defeats Cal Poly in Split
- Ducks Edged in Doubleheader
- Oregon Soccer Gives Back to Community: Part 2
- Lilley Goes To Great Lengths To Improve, Then And Now
- Heineman Pac-12's Player Of Week
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks