running back Jonathan Stewart is one of 65 players included on the watch list of nominees for the 71st Maxwell Award, which is presented annually to the outstanding collegiate football player in the country.EUGENE – University of Oregon
Monday’s announcement from Maxwell Football Club president Ron Jaworski said that nominees for the award, won last year by Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, were selected based on their performance during the 2006 season.
Semifinalists for the award will be announced in early November and three finalists will be revealed Nov. 26. The winner will be announced on Dec. 6 as part of the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
The Lacey, Wash., junior finished last season ranked sixth in the country in kickoff returns (28.1 avg.), along with second in the Pacific-10 Conference in all-purpose yards (136.2 avg.) and fifth in rushing (75.5 avg.).
The Ducks open their season Sept. 1 vs. Houston in Autzen Stadium.
Stewart Named to Maxwell Award List
Release Date: 06/26/2007
- Football Practice Report: Sept. 1
- Oregon Football Game Notes: Eastern Washington
- Football Practice Report: Aug. 31
- Football Practice Report: Aug. 29
- Adams, Hegarty among new UO starters heading into 2015 opener
- Volleyball Triumphs in Comeback over George Washington
- Ducks Unveil Free Mobie App
- Five Years In, Working To Keep Oregon On Top
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks