running back Jonathan Stewart is one of 65 players included on the watch list of nominees for the 71st Maxwell Award, which is presented annually to the outstanding collegiate football player in the country.EUGENE – University of Oregon
Monday’s announcement from Maxwell Football Club president Ron Jaworski said that nominees for the award, won last year by Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, were selected based on their performance during the 2006 season.
Semifinalists for the award will be announced in early November and three finalists will be revealed Nov. 26. The winner will be announced on Dec. 6 as part of the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
The Lacey, Wash., junior finished last season ranked sixth in the country in kickoff returns (28.1 avg.), along with second in the Pacific-10 Conference in all-purpose yards (136.2 avg.) and fifth in rushing (75.5 avg.).
The Ducks open their season Sept. 1 vs. Houston in Autzen Stadium.
Stewart Named to Maxwell Award List
Release Date: 06/26/2007
- Preseason Camp Preview: Offensive Line
- Ducks Fifth In Coaches Poll, Picked To Win Pac-12 North
- Preseason Camp Preview: Receivers and Tight Ends
- Preseason Camp Preview: Running Backs
- Preseason Camp Preview: Quarterback
- Bowerman Fan Vote Now Open
- Volleyball Bonds In "The Program"
- Irvin Opts Not To Sign, Will Return To Ducks For 2016
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks