running back Jonathan Stewart is one of 65 players included on the watch list of nominees for the 71st Maxwell Award, which is presented annually to the outstanding collegiate football player in the country.EUGENE – University of Oregon
Monday’s announcement from Maxwell Football Club president Ron Jaworski said that nominees for the award, won last year by Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn, were selected based on their performance during the 2006 season.
Semifinalists for the award will be announced in early November and three finalists will be revealed Nov. 26. The winner will be announced on Dec. 6 as part of the ESPN Home Depot College Football Awards Show.
The Lacey, Wash., junior finished last season ranked sixth in the country in kickoff returns (28.1 avg.), along with second in the Pacific-10 Conference in all-purpose yards (136.2 avg.) and fifth in rushing (75.5 avg.).
The Ducks open their season Sept. 1 vs. Houston in Autzen Stadium.
Stewart Named to Maxwell Award List
Release Date: 06/26/2007
- Mariota Joins LaMichael James As Unanimous All-Americans From Oregon
- Heisman Victory Makes Mariota Toast of the Town
- Mariota Wins Heisman Trophy, Becomes First UO Winner
- Mariota Arrives In Manhattan for Heisman Ceremony
- Mariota Collects Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Before Heading to NYC Saturday
- Chandler Scores 13 In UO Debut to Help Ducks beat Northridge
- Roesler Makes History, Wins The Bowerman Trophy
- O Heroes Fall 2014 Recap
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks