George Horton and softball coach Mike White are leading the Oregon athletic department's Movember contingent, to raise awareness for men's health.EUGENE, Ore. - Baseball coach
Movember is a worldwide campaign to raise awareness and funds for the fight against men's cancer, particularly prostate and testicular cancer, by having men start clean-shaven Nov. 1 and grow a mustache until the Nov. 30.
Twenty-nine athletic department staffers, led by mustache veterans Horton and White, have joined the cause, which is actively supported by the university as a whole. Last year the global initiative saw 855,203 participants raise $126.3 million dollars.
Fans can follow their progress
at www.movember.com. Those who
wish to make a contribution on behalf of the University of Oregon Athletics team
can do so by clicking HERE.
O Heroes is also helping to promote Movember awareness by awarding Duck Cup points to UO student-athletes who become involved. The Duck Cup is a
competition between all teams that effectively encompasses the major
areas of student-athlete life. These areas include academic excellence,
athletic excellence, personal development, career development and
Each team is
awarded points based on each category’s criteria. Team and individual
winners are announced at the end of the year Awards Banquet.
Ducks to Participate in Movember
Release Date: 10/31/2012
- Ducks Rally Falls Short In Game One
- Tolman Setting The Tone For Ducks Down The Stretch
- Ducks Stay Hot, Win Season Series With Beavers
- Ducks Open Big Week At OSU
- Sweep Keeps Ducks In The Hunt
- Mercado Helps Spark Ducks Past Wolfpack In Supers
- NCAA Division I Menís and Womenís Outdoor Track & Field Championships Single Day Tickets on Sale Tuesday, May 26
- Cheserek, Prandini Named Academic All-District
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks