Ducks Top Dons 4-2
Release Date: 04/09/2012
In the bottom of the fifth, Pac-12 Player of the Week Brett Thomas drove in the go-ahead runs with a two-out, bases-loaded, two-run single back up the middle.
As San Francisco (14-21) led 2-1 heading into the bottom of the fifth, starter Jordan Remer (1-3) got into trouble after surrendering two walks and a single to load the bases with two outs. USF went to the bullpen in favor of right-hander Cameron Love, but a wild pitch from Love scored the game-tying run as Connor Hofmann came across the plate. Love then walked Ryon Healy to load the bases for Thomas.
In the loss, Remer allowed four runs on three hits and five walks while striking out four in four and 2/3 innings on the mound.
Oregon (21-9) left-hander Jordan Spencer (1-1) was credited with the win after holding San Francisco to one run on six hits in four and 2/3 innings of relief while registering two strikeouts.
In his first start on the mound for Oregon, Scott Heineman allowed one run on one hit and one walk, while striking out one in two and 1/3 innings of work.
In the top of the ninth, Jimmie Sherfy picked up his seventh save of the year, retiring the final two batters of the game.
Brett Hambright and Hofmann led the Ducks with two hits apiece.
The Ducks and Dons return to action at noon on Tuesday at PK Park. It will be a Bi-Mart $2 Tuesday, and fans can pick up a coupon at Bi-Mart to get $2 general admission to the game.
Notes: Scott Heineman made his first career start on the mound for Oregon…Henry Gigeous made his first career appearance on the mound…Oregon leads the all-time series against USF 6-0.
Brett Thomas post San Francisco game 1PLAY VIDEO
- Head Coach George Horton post San Francisco game 1
- Scott Heineman post San Francisco game 1
- HD: Oregon vs San Francisco - Game 1
- Highlights: Oregon vs. San Francisco - Game 1
- Condensed Game: Oregon vs. San Francisco - Game 1
- Anderson On Rockies 40-Man Roster
- Ducks Ranked In Preseason Poll
- Chase, Irvin claim preseason All-America honors
- Happy Halloween and Go Ducks!
- Reed To Pitch In Fall League All-Star Game
- While Preparing to Battle at Rose Bowl, Ducks and Seminoles Team Up to Fight Rare Disease
- Oregon Enjoys Steady Diet of Success at Receiver Under Matt Lubick
- Ducks Grind Out Win in OT Over UCSB
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks