EUGENE, Ore.— University of Oregon men’s tennis signee Kevin Farin won the doubles portion of the Begium F1 Futures in Brussels, Belgium on Friday, June 21st. Farin, a native Belgian, teamed up with Dimitar Grabul of Macedonia to come out of the 16-team draw on top.
Farin will join the Ducks as a transfer from the University of Brussels in Brussels, Belgium this fall. He has been ranked as high as number one amongst all junior players in Belgium. His ATP doubles ranking is 1283, while his ATP singles ranking has been as high as 1618. Recently, Farin has recorded several wins over players ranked inside Belgium’s top 30 men’s players. He will have three years to play as a Duck.
Farin and Grabul took down Jacob Adaktusson of Sweden and Ivan Bjelica of Serbia 6-3, 6-3 in a huge quarterfinals matchup. Adaktusson’s previous high ATP ranking is 214 in the world, while Bjelica is currently ranked number 365 by ATP. The duo went on to defeat Belgium’s Louis Cant and James Junior Storme 6-4, 6-4. Farin and Grabul faced off against France’s Diego Garcia and Laurent Malouli in a tense final match. After taking the first set 6-1, the duo had to win a superset 10-3 to close the match out 6-1, 7-6(3) and take home the title.
Farin continues competition this week at the Belgium F2 Futures where he and his partner are the number three seed.
Men's Tennis Signee Wins Belgium F1 Futures Doubles
Release Date: 06/24/2013
- UO hosts St. John's at PK Park
- In The Dugout With The Ducks: Sights and Sounds From Saturday's Win At UCSB
- Ducks Settle For Series Win at UCSB After 1-0 Loss Sunday
- Peterson Earns First 'W' As Ducks Make It Two Straight At No. 22 UCSB
- Ducks Open Top-25 Showdown At UCSB With 5-1 Victory
- Strong Finish At Stake In Corvallis
- Duck Men Look to Bounce Back in Arizona
- Ducks Qualify 25 Entries to NCAA Championships
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks