@OregonAcroTumb ) and on Facebook .
The championship race took shape following two meets at day one of the inaugural National Collegiate Acrobatics and Tumbling Association Championships.
Top-seeded Oregon will take on No. 4 seed Baylor after the Bears posted a 277.200-276.794 comeback victory over Fairmont State in the opening day of the tournament. Friday’s dual is schedule to begin at 8 p.m.
The Ducks won both regular season meetings against the Bears. The schools last met on March 7 at Matthew Knight Arena, where UO took five of six events to cruise to a 283.518-277.960 win on senior night.
Sixth-seeded Quinnipiac also emerged out of the first day of the championships with a 274.113-273.882 upset win over No. 3 seed Azusa Pacific. The win sets up a semifinal dual with No. 2 Maryland at 6 p.m. on Friday.
Fans can watch all the action live over the O-Zone via a special championship weekend offer. For $12.95, all three days of the competition can be viewed over the web. Live results for each meet over the three-day competition will be provided via the Ducks’ official facebook and twitter pages. Complete Oregon results and recaps will be available following each day of competition on GoDucks.com.
Ducks Face Bears in NCATA Semifinals Friday
Release Date: 04/07/2011
Coach Mulkey Getting Ready for NCATA ChampionshipPLAY VIDEO
- Chelsea White Getting Ready for NCATA Championship
- A&T Heads to the East Coast to Face Quinnipiac
- Phillips Named NCATA Player of the Week
- A&T Celebrates Jones' Spirit In Win
- On Eve Of Home Opener, Ducks Recall Teammate Lauren Jones
- Acrobatics and Tumbling's Lauren Jones Passed Away Tuesday Afternoon
- DMR Sets NCAA Top Time at MPSF
- Ducks Open Top-25 Showdown At UCSB With 5-1 Victory
- Ducks Grounded by Pilots, 4-3
Ducks On Pac-12 Networks